Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Windsor, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and tours. Top sights in the city include Windsor Castle, Legoland and Frogmore House.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodation options in Windsor
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) away
Getting around Windsor
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Windsor & Eton Central Station or Windsor & Eton Riverside Station. Windsor may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Windsor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- About 587 millimetres of rain falls on Windsor each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 2°C