History buffs will enjoy exploring Slough, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and cafes. Top sights around the area include Windsor Castle, Legoland and The Lightbox.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodation options in Slough
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) away
Getting around Slough
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Slough Station, Slough Datchet Station or Slough Langley Station. Slough might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Slough
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- About 587 millimetres of rain falls on Slough each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 2°C