Travellers to Staines give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Top sights around the area include Windsor Castle, Legoland and The Lightbox.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Staines
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 24.5 mi (39.4 km) away
Getting around Staines
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Staines Station or Wraysbury Station. Staines might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Staines
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Staines gets about 587 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 2°C