Last Revised on 17 June 2021
AGREEMENT BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND BEX TRAVEL ASIA PTE. LTD.
This website ("Website") is operated by BEX Travel Asia Pte. Ltd., a Singapore private limited company. Reference to the term Website shall include access to this Website via desktop, laptop, mobile devices and/or any other device capable of connecting to the Internet. This Website is provided solely to assist customers in gathering travel information, determining the availability of travel-related products and services, making legitimate reservations or otherwise transacting business with travel suppliers, and for no other purposes. The terms "we", "us", "our" and "Expedia" refer to BEX Travel Asia Pte. Ltd. ("Expedia"). The term "Expedia Companies" refers to Expedia, its subsidiaries and its corporate affiliates collectively. The term "Expedia Partners" refers to any affiliated, co-branded and/or linked website through which Expedia provides links, content or service. The term "you" refers to the customer visiting the Website and/or booking a reservation through us on this Website, or through our Customer Support agents.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
As a condition of your use of this Website, you warrant that
- you are at least 18 years of age and are of sound mind,
- you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation,
- you will only use this Website to make legitimate reservations for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorised to act,
- all information supplied by you on this Website is true, accurate, current and complete, and
- if you have an online account with this Website, you will safeguard your account information and will supervise and be completely responsible for any use of your account by you and anyone other than you.
Additionally, you agree not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, store, update or share any information that:
(I)belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right;
(ii)is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, invasive of another’s privacy, including bodily privacy, insulting or harassing on the basis of gender, libellous, racially or ethnically objectionable, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise inconsistent with or contrary to the laws;
(iii)is harmful to children;
(iv)infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
(v)violates any law;
(vi)deceives/misleads the addressee about the origin of the message or knowingly and intentionally communicates any information which is patently false or misleading in nature but may reasonably be perceived as a fact;
(vii)impersonates another person;
(viii)threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign States, or public order, or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting other nation;
(ix)contains software virus or any other computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
is patently false and untrue, and is written or published in any form, with the intent to mislead or harass a person, entity or agency for financial gain or to cause any injury to any person.
The content and information on this Website (including, but not limited to, price and availability of travel services), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to us or our suppliers and providers. While you may make limited copies of your travel itinerary (and related documents) for travel or service reservations booked through this Website, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, licence, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through this Website. Additionally, you agree not to:
- use this Website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
- make reservation for travel-related products or services or other products on this Website for the purposes of resale;
- make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand;
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Website;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of this Website (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any travel services) for any purpose without our express written permission; or
- 'frame', 'mirror' or otherwise incorporate any part of this Website into any other website without our prior written authorisation.
Expedia believes in protecting your privacy. Please click here to review our current Privacy Statement which also governs your use of the Website and is incorporated by reference, to understand our practices: Privacy Statement
SUPPLIER RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
Some hotel suppliers may require you to present a credit card or cash deposit upon check-into cover additional expenses during your stay. Such deposit is unrelated to any payment received by us or payable for your hotel booking.
Such deposit is unrelated to any payment received by Expedia for your hotel booking. You acknowledge that some third-party suppliers offering certain services and/or activities may require you to sign their liability waiver prior to participating in the service and/or activity they offer. You understand that any violation of any such supplier’s rules and restrictions may result in cancellation of your reservation(s), in your being denied access to the applicable travel product or services, in your forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s), and/or in our debiting your account for any costs we incur as a result of such violation.
In particular, if you have purchased an airfare, please ensure you read the full terms and conditions of carriage issued by the supplier, which can be found on the supplier’s website. Airlines may, with or without notice, cancel or reschedule your flight. It is your responsibility to check on the scheduled departure time ahead of travel. Expedia shall not be responsible for, or the failure to inform you of, any cancellation of your flights, or changes in your flight schedule. To minimise the impact to your travel plans, you are advised to purchase travel insurance to cover travel disruption. You may be offered the opportunity to book a reservation for a combination of two one-way tickets instead of a roundtrip ticket. Combined one-way tickets may provide a greater choice of flights and can be combined on the same airline or on different airlines. Unlike roundtrip tickets, each one-way ticket is subject to its own rules, restrictions, and fees. If one of these flights is affected by an airline change (e.g. cancellation or rescheduling) that causes you to make changes to the other flight, you will be responsible for any fees incurred for making changes to the unaffected flight. In case of a no-show or cancellation, you may be entitled to a refund of airport taxes and fees included in the price of the ticket purchased. Where you are eligible for a refund, you can request such a refund from our Customer Support agents who will submit your request to the airline on your behalf.
HOW OUR SORT ORDER IS DETERMINED
As a traveler shopping on our site, you have many options to help you find the perfect hotel, flight, car rental, cruise or activity. The “sort” settings allow you to order search results to your preference, whether based on price, verified review score, or other criteria. The "filter" settings also allow you to include or exclude various options to suit your travel needs. If no options are selected, we will show a range of relevant options in the search results, based on the criteria outlined below:
- Lodging: Our default sort order reflects the relevance of properties to your search criteria, as we want to make sure you are able to quickly and easily find the offer that is right for you. We measure relevance by taking into account factors like a property’s location, its review scores, the popularity of the property (measured by how many travelers on our sites make bookings at that property), the quality of the content provided by the property, and the competitiveness of the property’s rates and availability, all relative to other properties meeting your chosen search criteria. The compensation which a property pays us for bookings made through our sites is also a factor for the relative ranking of properties with similar offers, based on the relevance factors described above. On our non-default sorts (for example, if you sort by price or by star rating), we will order properties with similar results based on the factors above.
- Flights: Our default sort order is based on lowest price. In cases where two flights have the same price, the shorter flight is listed first.
- Car Rental: Our default sort order is primarily driven by price, but we may consider other relevant factors such as popularity, customer reviews, convenience of pickup location, and car type or category.
- Cruise: Our default sort order is based on a number of relevant factors such as cruise line rating, ship rating, price per day, origin rating, destination rating, length of cruise, and booking window.
- Activities: Our default sort order is manually curated by destination managers familiar with each market, taking into account such factors as price, popularity, distance from hotel options, and traveler feedback.
- Packages: When combining several different travel products into a vacation package, we use the criteria outlined above to determine the sort order for each product.
Additionally, we continually optimize our service to provide you with the best experience. Accordingly, we may test different default sort order algorithms from time to time.
UNPUBLISHED RATE RESERVATIONS
When available, Hotwire, Inc., a corporate affiliate of Expedia, may offer additional, discounted hotel booking options on the Website. These hotels, called Expedia Unpublished Rate hotels, are different from other hotels offered on the Website in several important ways. The name and exact address of the hotel are not shown until after payment has been made for the booking. All bookings are final and cannot be changed, refunded, exchanged, cancelled, or transferred to another party. Your credit card will be charged for the amount shown even if you do not use the booking. Room type will be determined by the hotel based on the number of guests provided at time of booking. All reservations are booked for stays in non-smoking rooms (subject to availability). Hotel room assignments are determined at check-in and upgrades are not available. The maximum number of Expedia Unpublished Rate rooms that can be booked at one time is six. All Expedia Unpublished Rate rooms will be booked under the same name, and the guest under whose name the reservation is made must be present at check-in. Expedia Unpublished Rate hotels are not eligible for hotel reward or club programs. Upon check-in, guests must present a valid ID and credit card in their name (the amount of available credit required will vary by hotel). Debit cards may not be accepted. For information about tax recovery charges, service fees, and taxes on our services, where applicable, please see "Prepaid Hotel Reservations."
ACCEPTABLE PAYMENT METHODS
By booking with or through Expedia, you authorize the Expedia Companies and its agents and service providers to transact with your bank or other payment gateways on your behalf to obtain the necessary information required to process payment, confirm payment, resolve inquiries and billing disputes, and/or as otherwise required to manage the booking.
Agency Bookings: For some bookings, Expedia and/or any Expedia Companies (“Agent”) will only act as an intermediary between you and the service providers, and you agree that the contractual relationship will be directly between you and that service provider. The Agent’s sole role and responsibility is to transmit the details of your reservation to the relevant service provider (“Service Provider”), and send you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the relevant service provider (“Agency Bookings”). Payments for all the Agency Bookings will be in accordance with the terms and conditions set out by the Service Provider (“Service Provider’s Terms”). You agree to be bound by the Service Provider’s Terms, which could include (but not limited to) the Service Provider’s rules and restrictions regarding availability and use of fares, products, or services. Certain service providers could also offer the opportunity for reservations to be paid or a deposit to be taken during the reservation process by means of secure online payment. For all Agency Bookings, payments will be processed directly by the Service Provider on your credit/debit card or bank account.
Merchant Bookings: For transactions other than Agency Booking (“Merchant Bookings”), Expedia accepts cards with MasterCard or Visa branding, which your issuer allows you to use to make purchases online. You will not be asked to provide your online banking user name or password to the Expedia Companies (“Account Access Data”). The Expedia Companies do not want any information regarding your Account Access Data and you agree not to provide us with your Account Access Data.
FOREIGN EXCHANGE MANAGEMENT RULES
You hereby agree and acknowledge that all foreign exchange drawals shall be made in compliance with the Foreign Exchange Management (Current Account Transactions) Rules, 2000 (as may be amended from time to time).
FARES AND PRICES
Subject to the below, you acknowledge and agree that your debit or credit card will be charged by Hotels.com India Private Limited or another member of the Expedia Companies or the supplier(s) with which your booking is made (as applicable) for the total booking price of the travel services in full at the time of the booking, which includes the price displayed on the Website, plus tax recovery charges, and service fees.
Airfare is only guaranteed once the purchase has been completed and the tickets have been issued. Airlines and other travel suppliers may change their prices without notice.
In the event that you book accommodation (with the exception of prepaid hotel accommodation as set out below), you acknowledge and agree that all charges and other costs relating to your booking are payable by you to the accommodation provider at the time requested by the accommodation provider (usually upon check-in or check-out from the accommodation).
Prices and fees for some low-cost flights originating overseas, or additional baggage fees for certain airlines, may be in another currency (e.g. EUR) which we will provide an estimate for in the default currency of this Website, or selected preferred currency (if applicable). The actual amount charged by the low-cost carrier may slightly differ due to varying exchange rates applied by different card issuers. In addition, your statement may include a conversion or transaction fee (which may be in a foreign currency) charged by your card issuer to process the transaction. Expedia is not associated with these additional fees and will not be held liable for any fees relating to varying exchange rates and card issuer fees.
We do not charge an amendment fee for changes made by you on any bookings except air bookings, where we do charge an amendment fee. However, the relevant third party supplier may charge a fee in connection with any changes, which will be payable by you (if any). The price of your new arrangements will be based on the prices that apply on the day you ask us to make the change. These prices may not be the same as when you booked the products or services.
PREPAID HOTEL RESERVATIONS
The price displayed on the Website is a combination of the room rate for rooms reserved on your behalf through Expedia and compensation retained by Expedia for its services. You authorise Expedia to book reservations for the total reservation price, which includes the room rate displayed on this Website, plus tax recovery charges and service fees. You agree that your debit or credit card will be charged by Hotels.com India Private Limited or another member of the Expedia Companies on behalf of Expedia for the total reservation price. Upon submitting your reservation request you authorize the Expedia Companies to facilitate hotel reservations on your behalf, including making payment arrangements with hotel suppliers.
The tax recovery charges on prepaid hotel transactions are a recovery of the estimated taxes (e.g. sales and use, occupancy, room tax, excise tax, value added tax, etc.) that the Expedia Companies pay to the hotel in connection with your bookings. The hotels charge the Expedia Companies for certain charges, including such tax amounts. The hotels are responsible for remitting these amounts to the applicable taxing jurisdictions, as applicable. Taxability and the appropriate tax rate vary greatly by location. The actual amounts paid by the Expedia Companies to the hotels in connection with taxes may vary from the tax recovery charge, depending upon the rates, taxability, etc. in effect at the time of your actual use of the hotel. In certain jurisdictions, VAT, GST or other similar taxes may be imposed on the booking price or the compensation Expedia retains for its services. The actual tax amounts on our services, if any, may vary depending on the rates in effect at the time of your hotel stay. We may retain service fees as additional compensation in servicing your travel reservation. Service fees retained by Expedia for its services vary based on the amount and type of hotel reservation.
You may cancel or change your prepaid hotel reservation, but you will be charged the cancellation or change fee indicated in the rules and restrictions for the hotel reservation. If you do not cancel or change your reservation before the cancellation policy period applicable to the hotel you reserved, which varies by hotel (usually 24 to 72 hours) prior to your date of arrival, you will be subject to a charge equal to applicable nightly rates, tax recovery charges and service fees. In the event you do not show for the first night of the reservation and plan to check-in for subsequent nights in your reservation, you must confirm the reservation changes with us no later than the date of the first night of the reservation to prevent cancellation of your reservation.
You may not book reservations for more than 8 rooms online for the same hotel/stay dates. If we determine that you have booked reservations for more than 8 rooms in total in separate reservations, we may cancel your reservations, and charge you a cancellation fee, if applicable. If you paid a non-refundable deposit, your deposit will be forfeited. If you wish to book reservations for 9 or more rooms, you must contact Expedia’s group travel specialists by phone at +1-800-916-3290 or by filling out the group travel form online. One of our group travel specialists will research your request and contact you to complete your reservation. You may be asked to sign a written contract and/or pay a nonrefundable deposit.
PAY NOW OR PAY AT PROPERTY
With certain hotels, you may be presented with the option to pay online now or pay when you stay at the hotel. If you select the “Pay Now” option, the Expedia Companies will charge the amount shown to your credit card immediately. If you select the “Pay at Property” option, the hotel will charge your credit card in the local currency at the time of your stay. Tax rates and foreign exchange rates could change in the time between booking and stay. Your credit card provider may also charge a foreign currency conversion fee. The Expedia Companies' Coupons may only be applied to 'Pay Now' bookings.
In calculating the amount payable we have the right to round up a nominal amount (such as 1 cent, 2 yen, 3 rupees) for each line item to account for variances in the way we and our Suppliers handle currency conversions. The amount rounded-up will not exceed 6 Singapore cents.
If a currency converter is available on this Website, the following terms and conditions apply: Currency rates are based on various publicly available sources and should be used as guidelines only. Rates are not verified as accurate, and actual rates may vary. Currency quotes are not updated every day. Check the date on the currency converter feature for the day that currency was last updated. The information supplied by this application is believed to be accurate, but the Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners, and/or our respective suppliers do not warrant or guarantee such accuracy. When using this information for any financial purpose, we advise you to consult a qualified professional to verify the accuracy of the currency rates. We do not authorize the use of this information for any purpose other than your personal use and you are expressly prohibited from the resale, redistribution, and use of this information for commercial purposes.
PAYMENT AND FEES
In the event that your payment is taken at the time of booking, the company taking that payment and charging your payment card will be: (1) Hotels.com India Private Limited, or another member of the Expedia Companies, on behalf of Expedia and the travel service provider, or (2) the travel service provider directly. Where Hotels.com India Private Limited takes your payment and charges your card, the law governing that payment transaction will be the laws of India. You agree that Indian Courts shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any dispute arising from the payment transaction with Hotels.com India Private Limited. Payment for your car rental booking is charged directly by the travel service provider and not the Expedia Companies.
Many bank and card companies charge their account holders a transaction fee when the card issuer and the merchant location (as defined by the card brand (e.g. Visa, MasterCard, American Express) are in different countries. The currency exchange rate, if applicable, and any transaction fee are determined solely by the bank or other agency processing the transaction. These fees may be applied by the card issuer as a charge to the cardholders account. This means the amount listed on your card statement may be a different figure than the figure shown on the billing summary page for a reservation booked on this Website. If you have any questions about these fees or any exchange rate applied to your booking, please contact your bank.
CONDITIONS FOR USE OF DISCOUNT COUPONS
Discount codes ("Coupons") may be applied to prepaid hotel bookings, excluding bookings at non-participating hotels whose list will be made available along with each specific Coupon. Participating hotels are subject to change at any time. Unless stated otherwise in a particular Coupon’s terms & conditions:
- The Coupon is personal to you, can only be used once and will be deemed fully redeemed and expired once a qualifying booking has been made. Where the Coupon is for hotel bookings only: Coupon may be applied to a pre-pay hotel-only booking (not a hotel booking in combination with any other product such as flight + hotel or flight + hotel + car) made online with this Website. The Coupon can only be used for pre-pay bookings and cannot be redeemed against bookings which are paid at the destination.
- Where the Coupon is for package bookings only: Coupon may be applied to flight+hotel package bookings made online with this Website. This Coupon may not be used for other package bookings (e.g. flight + hotel + car packages or packages offered by third parties), hotel-only bookings, or flight-only bookings. The Coupon can only be used for pre-pay bookings and cannot be redeemed against bookings which are paid at the destination.
- Unless stated otherwise in a particular Coupon’s terms and conditions, the Coupon cannot be redeemed against bookings which are not for Eligible Hotels. An “Eligible Hotel” refers to a participating hotel labelled “Expedia Rate” which is not on the exclusion list in https://www.expedia.co.in/g/rf/coupon-exclude-hotels (”Exclusion List”) and for which payment is made at the time of booking to Expedia. The Exclusion List may be amended from time to time without prior notice.
- Provided that you spend the minimum spend stipulated in the Coupon, the Coupon entitles you to the Discount off the price of the relevant travel reservation before the application of any taxes, tax recovery charges, applicable fees or additional costs.
- The Coupon cannot be redeemed against taxes, tax recovery charges, supplier fees, cancellation or change fees/penalties, administrative fees or other miscellaneous charges, which are the sole responsibility of the customer.
- The Coupon is valid only for the redemption period, for travel during the travel period, when booked on the Website only, and not on any other Expedia sites.
- Only one Coupon per transaction may be used. In a multiple-room booking, the Coupon will be applied to only to the lowest priced room in the transaction.
- The Coupon may not be used or combined with other coupons, promotions or special offers.
- The Coupon cannot be used for any booking previously made. The Coupon has no cash value and no refunds or cash alternative will be offered. There is no residual value and no credit will be issued if the purchase amount is less than the prescribed discount. The Coupon may not be re-used, even in the event that you change or cancel the booking.
- The Coupon is void where prohibited by law and may only be used by legal residents of India aged 18 and over.
- The Coupon may not be used by employees of Expedia group companies or any other person professionally connected with this offer including, without limitation, travel agency affiliate program partners.
- Improper use of the Coupon by you including, but not limited to, publication or selling of the Coupon is prohibited, will result in the voiding of the Coupon, and may constitute fraud.
- The Coupon may not be transferred or sold. Coupons obtained through unauthorized channels, mutilated, altered, copied, forged, damaged, manipulated, or tampered with in any way will be deemed void.
- If Expedia becomes aware, or has reason to suspect (in Expedia’s reasonable opinion), that a customer: (a) has breached these coupon conditions; (b) obtained this Coupon from an unauthorized channel; (c) has used the Coupon with a view to re-selling any accommodation booked; (d) engaged in conduct which impacts on the fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this offer; or (e) otherwise acted fraudulently, Expedia may, in its absolute discretion, cancel all bookings made by the customer using the Coupon without giving any reasons thereon. Expedia reserves the right not to refund customers for the cancelled transactions, including any non-refundable bookings.
- For avoidance of doubt, the Coupon can only be used by a customer making a booking directly on the Website, and cannot be used through or by a third party travel agent or intermediary.
- Expedia reserves the right to vary conditions of use of the Coupon or to withdraw the Coupon at any time. Expedia’s decision is final in all matters relating to this offer. Terms and conditions of the Coupon are as written and cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorized person.
- The Coupon is offered by BEX Travel Asia Pte. Ltd. (Company registration number 201113337M), a company incorporated under the laws of Singapore having its registered office at 8 Marina Boulevard #05-02, Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 1, Singapore 018981.
The Expedia Rewards program is offered to the Website’s customers at the sole discretion of Expedia, Inc., and is open only to individuals who have reached the legal age of majority in their respective province/territory of residence, have a valid email address, and have enrolled in the Expedia Rewards program.Please click here to see the Terms and Conditions of the Expedia Rewards program.
PAY WITH POINTS
Expedia allows points from selected loyalty programs (“Points Programs”) to be redeemed for certain travel-related products and services on this Website. If you use or register to use any points on this Website these terms and conditions apply.
To be eligible to use points, you must have an online account with this Website, you must have an eligible account with the provider of the Points Program that is active and in good standing, and your purchase must exceed minimum transaction value for the use of your points (if any).
LINKING YOUR ACCOUNT: For Points Programs other than Expedia Rewards program (Your Expedia Rewards program account is automatically linked to your online account with this Website), your Points Program account (“Account”) will be linked to your online account during the registration process on the Website. Expedia reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny registration, de-link your Account, or terminate your ability to use points on this Website for any reason. During and after registration, the Points Program provider may provide Expedia with information about your Account, including your points balance.
REDEEMING POINTS: There is no fee to redeem your points on this Website. Points may only be redeemed for eligible purchases of travel-related products and services that Expedia will determine in its discretion. Your Points Program provider will deduct from your Account balance the amount of points you elect to use toward your eligible purchase. You may not combine points from one Points Program provider with any other loyalty points from another provider to complete a single transaction. However, if you do not have enough points to complete an eligible purchase, you may use an eligible credit card associated with your Account to complete the transaction. Eligible cards for such transactions may be limited to cards associated with the Points Program used in the transaction. Expedia may, in its discretion, allow you to combine points with eligible coupons.
ADDITIONAL TERMS: Purchases made with points are subject to the point to dollar conversion rate set by the Points Program provider. The Points Program provider has the right to change the point to dollar conversion rates at any time. Also, some Points Program providers may set a minimum amount of points that may be redeemed in any transaction. Additional terms and conditions may apply and are available at the applicable Points Program provider’s website.
This Website is operated by a company duly incorporated in Singapore, which is not required to have a tax registration in your local jurisdiction and therefore has not charged local transaction taxes related to your travel booking. Expedia cannot issue invoices for the purpose of recovery of taxes in your local jurisdiction.
BOOKING, CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENT CHARGES
If you want to change any details of your itinerary (such as changing to a different hotel or changing your departure date or airport), we will do our best to help but cannot guarantee that changes can be made. You should call our Service Center 1-860-500-2121 or +91 (0)124 487 3888. We do not charge an amendment fee, however any charges passed on to the Expedia Companies by our suppliers such as airlines and hotels will be payable (if any). The price of your new arrangements will be based on the prices that apply on the day you ask for the change. These prices may not be the same as when you booked the products or services.
You are responsible for ensuring that you meet foreign entry requirements and that your travel documents, such as passports and visas (transit, business, tourist, and otherwise), are in order and any other foreign entry requirements are met. The Expedia Companies have no special knowledge regarding foreign entry requirements or travel documents. We urge customers to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements, and advisories issued by the relevant governments prior to booking travel to international destinations. Information on conditions in various countries and the level of risk associated with travel to particular international destinations can be found at http://meaindia.nic.in/.
You are responsible for checking all the items relevant to passport, visa and Health Information ensuring your travel documents are in order.
Passport and Visa: You must consult the relevant Embassy or Consulate for this information. Requirements may change and you should check for up-to-date information in good time before booking and departure. We accept no liability if you are refused entry onto the flight or into any country due to failure on your part to carry the correct passport, visa or other documents required by any airline, authority or country, including countries you may just be transiting through. This includes all stops made by the aircraft even if you do not leave the aircraft or airport.
Health: Recommended inoculations for travel may change at any time and you should consult your doctor on current recommendations before you depart. It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain the recommended inoculations, take all recommended medication and follow all medical advice in relation to your trip.
BY OFFERING RESERVATIONS FOR TRAVEL PRODUCTS IN PARTICULAR INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS, EXPEDIA DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT TRAVEL TO SUCH AREAS IS ADVISABLE OR WITHOUT RISK, AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES THAT MAY RESULT FROM TRAVEL TO SUCH DESTINATIONS.
The Information, Software, Products and Services published on this Website may include inaccuracies or errors, including pricing errors. In particular, the Expedia Companies and Expedia Partners do not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaim all liability for any errors or other inaccuracies relating to the information and description of the hotel, air, cruise, car and other travel products and services displayed on this Website (including, without limitation, the pricing, photographs, list of hotel amenities, general product descriptions, etc.). In addition, Expedia expressly reserves the right to correct any pricing errors on our Website and/or reservations made under an incorrect price. In such event, if available, we will offer you the opportunity to keep your reservation at the correct price or we will cancel your reservation without penalty. Expedia is under no obligation to provide travel services to you at an incorrect (lower) price, even after you have been sent confirmation of your booking.
Hotel ratings displayed on this Website are intended as only general guidelines, and the Expedia Companies and Expedia Partners do not guarantee the accuracy of the ratings. The Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners and their respective suppliers make no guarantees about the availability of specific products and services. The Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners and their respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes on the Website at any time.
The Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners and their respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information, software, products and services contained on this Website for any purpose, and the inclusion or offering of any products or services on this Website does not constitute any endorsement or recommendation of such products or services by the Expedia Companies or the Expedia Partners. All such information, software products, and services are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. The Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners and their respective suppliers disclaim all warranties and conditions that this Website, its servers or any email sent from the Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners and/or their respective suppliers are free of viruses or other harmful components. The Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners and their respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions whether express or implied, with regard to this information, software, products and services, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, compliance with any description, title and non-infringement, including that this Website shall be free from infringement of any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
The airlines, hotels and other suppliers providing travel-related products and services or other services on this Website are independent contractors and not agents or employees of the Expedia Companies or the Expedia Partners. The Expedia Companies and the Expedia Partners are not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any such suppliers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting therefrom. Expedia Companies are not liable for any costs, expenses, claims or damages arising out of any services to recover any of the foregoing, including without limitation relocation costs. Without limiting the foregoing, the Expedia Companies and the Expedia Partners have no liability and will make no refund in the event of any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or other causes beyond their direct control, and they have no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority.
In no event shall the Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners and/or their respective suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, your access to, display of or use of this Website or with the delay or inability to access, display or use this Website (including, but not limited to, your reliance upon opinions appearing on this Website; any computer viruses, information, software, linked sites, products and services obtaining through this Website; or otherwise arising out of the access to, display of or use of this Website) whether based on a theory of negligence, contract, tort, strict liability, consumer protection statutes, or otherwise, and even if the Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners and/or their respective suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If, despite the limitation above, the Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners or their respective suppliers are found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or in any way connected with any of the occurrences described above, then the liability of the Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners and/or their respective suppliers will in no event exceed, in the aggregate, the greater of (a) the service fees you paid to the Expedia Companies in connection with such transaction(s) on this Website, or (b) Seven Thousand Indian Rupees (INR7,000.00).
You agree to defend and indemnify the Expedia Companies, the Expedia Partners, and/or their respective suppliers and any of their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by:
- you or on your behalf in excess of the liability described above; or
- by third parties as a result of:
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
- your use of this Website.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, PHOTOS AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
You are fully responsible for the content of your Submissions, (specifically including, but not limited to, reviews posted to this Website). You will not post or transmit to or from this Website: (i) any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material or content that would violate rights of publicity and/or privacy or that would violate any law; (ii) any commercial material or content (including, but not limited to, solicitation of funds, advertising, or marketing of any good or services); (iii) any material or content that infringes, misappropriates or violates any copyright, trademark, patent right or other proprietary right of any third party; and (iv) any materials that are objectionable on the grounds of public interest, public morality, public order, public security, national harmony, or otherwise prohibited by applicable laws. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any violation of the foregoing restrictions, or any other harm resulting from your posting of content to this Website. You acknowledge that Expedia may exercise its rights (e.g. use, publish, delete) to any content you submit without notice to you. If you submit more than one review for the same hotel, only your most recent submission is eligible for use.
From time to time Expedia may offer customers incentives to leave reviews (i.e. discount coupon/entry into prize draws etc.) As it is important to us that reviews are impartial and honest, we make these incentives available to customers regardless of whether the review is positive or negative.
All photos submitted are subject to our Photo Submission Guidelines, available at: https://www.expedia.co.in/p/info-other/community-guidelines.htm. You agree to indemnify the Expedia Companies for any loss, claim, suits, or proceedings arising out of or in connection with your failure to adhere to our Photo Submission Guidelines.
Expedia claims no ownership, affiliation with, or endorsement of any photos that are submitted by end users through our sites.
Expedia’s policies with respect to claims by third parties that the content of the Website, including the content of any Submissions, infringes the copyrights owned by said third party can be found in the sections titled “Account Termination”, “Notice of Infringing Material” and “Counter Notices” below.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
This Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than Expedia. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from this Website or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
SOFTWARE AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE
Please note that all Software, including, without limitation, all HTML code and Active X controls contained on this Website, is owned by the Expedia Companies, Expedia Partners, and/or our respective suppliers, and is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software is expressly prohibited, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. THE SOFTWARE IS WARRANTED, IF AT ALL, ONLY ACCORDING TO THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT.
Your mobile device must be connected to the internet for the Mobile Application to function correctly. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for your device to have internet connectivity and are responsible for all sums your service provider may charge you arising out of the Mobile Application transmitting and receiving data (including but not limited to data roaming charges). As further described in our Privacy Statement, the Mobile Application will automatically transfer a small amount of data as part of its normal operation, including how you use the Mobile Application, which Content you access, and technical errors or problems which the Application may encounter while being used. By using the Mobile Application, you acknowledge, agree and consent to the automatic collection of this information.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
All contents of this Website are ©2020 Expedia, Inc., an Expedia Group company. All rights reserved.
Expedia and the Airplane logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other logos and product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Expedia is not responsible for content on websites operated by parties other than the sites operated by Expedia.
If you are aware of an infringement of our brand, please let us know by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (We only address brand infringement matters at this email address.)
Expedia has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Expedia’s sole discretion, subscribers or account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Expedia may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Website and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement. If you believe that an account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer, please provide information sufficient for us to verify that the account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer when filing your notice.
NOTICE OF INFRINGING MATERIAL
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by us infringe your copyright, you (or your representative) may send us (by email at email@example.com) a written notice that includes the following information. Please note that we will not process your complaint if it is not properly filled out or is incomplete. The making of any false statements in your notice may constitute an offence under the Copyright Act (Cap. 63) and/or applicable laws, and may expose you to liability for damages.
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work you claim was infringed.
- A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing on the Website, including the online location of that material, such as a link to the infringing material, or identification of the means by which we are alleged to have referred or linked a user to that infringing material.
- Your name, address, email address and telephone number.
- If you are acting on behalf of a copyright owner or exclusive licensee, the name and address of that copyright owner or exclusive licensee.
- If you are not resident in Singapore, your address for service in Singapore.
- A statement that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner or exclusive licensee of the copyright in the work identified above.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the material that is claimed as infringing copyright is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law and is an infringing copy of the copyright work identified above.
- A statement that you wish us to remove or disable access to infringing material.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate.
- A statement that you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore for the purposes of any proceedings relating to the submission and content of the notification.
- Your signature.
Notices with respect to this Website should be sent to us at the following address or email address:
BEX Travel Asia Pte. Ltd.
38 Beach Road
#09-12 South Beach Tower
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (We only address brand infringement matters at this email address.)
Attn: Head of Legal
If material you have posted has been taken down, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of this within a reasonable time, and to provide you with a copy of the notification on which we acted. In response, you may file a counter-notification by fax or regular mail that sets forth the items specified below. You may want to seek legal counsel prior to doing so. The making of any false statements in your notice may constitute an offence under the Copyright Act (Cap. 63) and/or other applicable laws, and may expose you to liability for damages. Please include the following details:
- Identification of the specific content that was removed or disabled and the location where that content appeared on the Website before it was removed or disabled. Please provide the URL address if possible.
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- If you are not resident in Singapore, your address for service in Singapore.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the material that is claimed as infringing copyright was removed, or access to that material was disabled, as a result of mistake or misidentification, or that that material does not infringe any copyright.
- A statement that the information in the counter notification is accurate.
- A statement that you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore for the purposes of any proceedings relating to the material that was removed or disabled, and any proceedings relating to the submission and content of the counter-notification.
- Your signature.
Send the written communication to the following address or email address:
BEX Travel Asia Pte. Ltd.
38 Beach Road
#09-12 South Beach Tower
Email address: email@example.com (We only address brand infringement matters at this email address.)
Attn: Head of Legal
One or more patents owned by the Expedia Companies may apply to the Website and to the features and services accessible via the Website. Portions of this Website operate under the license of one or more patents. Other patents are pending.
OpenStreetMap geo data used in mapping is © OpenStreetMap contributors and available under the Open Database License (ODbL)
Fictitious names of companies, products, people, characters, and/or data mentioned on this Website are not intended to represent any real individual, company, product, or event.
You may not assign, convey, or delegate your rights, duties or obligations hereunder.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
BEX Travel Asia Pte. Ltd. (Company Registration Number: 201113337M)
38 Beach Road, #09-12 South Beach Tower, Singapore 189787
Singapore: Travel Licence No. 02420
For quick answers to your questions or ways to contact us, visit our Customer Support Centre.
©2020 Expedia, Inc., an Expedia Group company. Ltd. All rights reserved.