Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Chennai, which is also known for its temples and entertainment. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its live music.
- There are 633 hotels and other accommodation options in Chennai
- The closest major airport is in Chennai (MAA-Chennai Intl.), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city centre
Getting around Chennai
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Chennai Pazhavanthangal Station, Chennai St. Thomas Mount Station or Chennai Guindy Station. Chennai may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chennai
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 39°C during the day and 26°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 26°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 34°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- About 1228 millimetres of rain falls on Chennai each year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 38°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°C