Travellers to Chengalpattu will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 94 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Chennai (MAA-Chennai Intl.), 24.1 mi (38.7 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Chengalpattu
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Chennai Thirumani Station or Chennai Chengalpattu Station. Chengalpattu might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Chengalpattu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 39°C during the day and 26°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 26°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 34°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- About 1228 millimetres of rain falls on Chengalpattu each year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 38°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F