Visitors to Ponneri are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 185 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Chennai (MAA-Chennai Intl.), 24.5 mi (39.4 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Ponneri
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Ponneri Station. Ponneri might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Ponneri
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 39°C during the day and 26°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 26°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Ponneri is 960 millimetres
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 38°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F