Visitors can enjoy all that Kanchipuram has to offer including the temples, university setting and live music. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, monuments and restaurants.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Kanchipuram
- The closest major airport is in Chennai (MAA-Chennai Intl.), 31 mi (49.8 km) from the city centre
Getting around Kanchipuram
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Kanchipuram East Station, Kanchipuram Station or Walajabad Station. Kanchipuram might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kanchipuram
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 35°C and the nighttime average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 39°C during the day and 26°C at night
- July to September averages 37°C during the day and 26°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 34°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kanchipuram is 1228 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 38°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°C