Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Woking, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, entertainment choices and monuments. Top sights around the area include The Lightbox, Legoland and Windsor Castle.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodation options in Woking
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) away
Getting around Woking
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Woking Station, Worplesdon Station or Woking Brookwood Station. Woking might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Woking
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Woking is 587 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C