Families will find kid-friendly activities in Yonkers, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Around the area, top sights include Bronx Zoo, Floating Pool and Barney's.
- You'll find 59 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of White Plains
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) away
Getting around Yonkers
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Yonkers Station. Yonkers may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Yonkers
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and nighttime averages of -2°C
- Yonkers gets about 1137 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C