Visiting Garden City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Garden City, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and beautiful gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and churches. Long Beach, Floating Pool and Bronx Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Garden City
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 11.3 mi (18.1 km) away
Getting around Garden City
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Garden City Station, Garden City Country Life Press Station or Garden City Nassau Boulevard Station. Garden City may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Garden City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of -2°C
- Garden City gets about 1086 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C