Families will find kid-friendly activities in Croydon, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and entertainment. Top sights around the area include The Shard, Big Ben and London Dungeon.
- You'll find 6694 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 15.1 mi (24.4 km) away
Getting around Croydon
With so many transport options, exploring all of Croydon is easy. Take advantage of metro transport at Coombe Lane Tram Station, Lloyd Park Tram Station and Sandilands Tram Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from East Croydon Station, West Croydon Station or Croydon Waddon Station.
Dressing for Croydon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Croydon each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C