Visiting New Westminster
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in New Westminster, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, shopping and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Granville Island Public Market, Stanley Park and Metropolis at Metrotown.
- You'll find 514 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Abbotsford, BC (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) away
Getting around New Westminster
You can take advantage of metro transport at New Westminster Station, Columbia Station and 22nd Street Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for New Westminster
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- About 42 millimetres of rain falls on New Westminster each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C