Visiting North Bergen
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Bergen, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, cafes and entertainment. Top sights around the area include Central Park, American Lyric Theater and Barney's.
- You'll find 287 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Jersey City
- The closest major airport is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB), 4.8 mi (7.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) away
Getting around North Bergen
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from North Bergen Tonnelle Avenue Station. North Bergen might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for North Bergen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of -2°C
- Average annual rainfall for North Bergen is 1269 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C