Monterey Hotels from Rs4,354
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Monterey
4/5Very Good!(31 area reviews)
The pristine beaches and popular aquarium are top of the list for many visitors to Downtown Monterey. A stop by Monterey Bay or Fisherman's Wharf might round out your trip.
4.5/5Wonderful!(31 area reviews)
Old Monterey is a destination visitors seek out for its pristine beaches, ample dining options and popular aquarium. You might also want to check out attractions like Golden State Theatre or Monterey County Youth Museum while you're exploring the neighbourhood.
5/5Exceptional!(11 area reviews)
While visiting Golden Rectangle, you might make a stop by sights like Carmel Beach and Sunset Center.
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
If you're spending some time in Carmel Point, Carmel Beach and Carmel Mission Basilica are top sights worth seeing.
When in Southeast Carmel, you can plan a visit to Carmel Beach and Carmel Mission Basilica, some noteworthy sights in the nearby area.
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Monterey, and visitors give high marks for the must-see aquarium, seaside and seafood restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its golfing. Top sights in the city include Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium and Maritime Museum.
- There are 440 hotels and other accommodation options in Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 16.1 mi (26 km) away
Getting around Monterey
With so many transport options, exploring all of Monterey is a breeze. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Salinas Station. You can explore water transport options at the local marina.
Dressing for Monterey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 520 millimetres of rain falls on Monterey each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 7°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Monterey?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Monterey, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Monterey?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Monterey?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Monterey?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Monterey?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Monterey?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Monterey?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Monterey?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Monterey?
Monterey Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Monterey by Star Rating
- Hotels near Monterey Airports
- Areas of Monterey
- Accommodation near Monterey Attractions
- More accommodation types in Monterey
- Choose Your Monterey Hotel Style
- Search Monterey Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Monterey
- Hotels Near Monterey, California
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations