Where to stay in Monterey
4/5Very Good!(31 area reviews)
The pristine beaches and popular aquarium are top of the list for many visitors to Downtown Monterey. A stop by Monterey Bay or Fisherman's Wharf might round out your trip.
4.5/5Wonderful!(31 area reviews)
Old Monterey is a destination visitors seek out for its pristine beaches, ample dining options and popular aquarium. You might also want to check out attractions like Golden State Theatre or Monterey County Youth Museum while you're exploring the neighbourhood.
5/5Exceptional!(11 area reviews)
While visiting Golden Rectangle, you might make a stop by sights like Carmel Beach and Sunset Center.
5/5Exceptional!(12 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Northwest Carmel, Carmel Beach and 17-Mile Drive are top sights worth seeing.
When in Southeast Carmel, you can plan a visit to Carmel Beach and Carmel Mission Basilica, some noteworthy sights in the nearby area.
Top hotels in Monterey
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2021
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2021
Reviewed on 26 Feb 2021
Monterey Beach Holiday
If you're planning to escape the hectic rush of the city, a Monterey holiday is just the ticket. There's no lack of coastal views to take in during a trip to Monterey. Those who enjoy being near the water may already be familiar with Carmel Beach (6 kilometres away) and will probably prefer to stay nearby. But don't worry if the closest accommodation are booked out. Loads of visitors also take advantage of Monterey packages around Asilomar State Beach and Pfeiffer Beach.
Things You Should Know About Monterey
- If you'd love to stay just moments away from the shoreline, check out what's available at these Monterey beach hotels. There's sure to be a place to suit your travelling style.
- Lots of travellers also base themselves in private holiday homes here. 3br W/ Lush Courtyard, Near Beach 3 Bedroom Home and 4br W/ 180-degree Bay Views 4 Bedroom Home are a few options we recommend.
- Not a fan of constantly reaching for your wallet on holiday? We know how you feel. With almost everything taken care of, our All-Inclusive hotels in Monterey are the perfect remedy.
- Monterey, population 28,300, is a great place to visit for so many reasons. Discover some useful tips on our Monterey things to do page.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium is one major sight you can't miss here. For plenty of other popular travel plan ideas, browse our Monterey holiday deals.