Melbourne Hotels from Rs3,087
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 21 Mar 2020
Where to stay in Melbourne
Melbourne Central Business District
4.5/5Wonderful!(400 area reviews)
Explore the magnificent Southbank riverfront, experience the city’s cultural charms in the arts precinct and see a glimpse of colonial history in central Melbourne.
The Yarra River’s waterfront offers a diverse range of hotels, galleries, bars and a casino complex.
From beaches to bagels, penguins to pub rock, St Kilda is a Melbourne neighbourhood that can match your every mood.
Historically the home of Melbourne’s well heeled, South Yarra is a neighbourhood known for its stylish society.
A gorgeous harbour with waterfront dining and jaw-dropping city skyline views… this might sound more like another popular Australian city, but surprise – it’s Melbourne!
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Melbourne, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, renowned art and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its architecture, restaurants and theatres. Top sights in the city include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach and Bourke Street Mall.
- There are 1715 hotels and other accommodation options in Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 11.7 mi (18.9 km) away
Getting around Melbourne
With so many transport options, exploring all of Melbourne is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Flagstaff Station, Melbourne Central Station and Parliament Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Flinders Street Station, Spencer Street Station or Showgrounds Station.
Dressing for Melbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the nighttime average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on Melbourne each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Melbourne?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Melbourne, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Melbourne?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Melbourne?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Melbourne?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Melbourne?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Melbourne?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Melbourne?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Melbourne?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Melbourne?
Melbourne Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Melbourne by Star Rating
- Hotels near Melbourne Airports
- Areas of Melbourne
- Accommodation near Melbourne Attractions
- More accommodation types in Melbourne
- Choose Your Melbourne Hotel Style
- Search Melbourne Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Melbourne
- Hotels Near Melbourne, Victoria
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations