Families will find kid-friendly activities in Flushing, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and Chinatown. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, festivals and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Floating Pool, Bronx Zoo and Bloomingdale's.
- You'll find 1504 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 7.8 mi (12.6 km) away
Getting around Flushing
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Flushing Main St. Station, Flushing Murray Hill Station or Flushing Broadway Station. Flushing might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Flushing
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and nighttime averages of -2°C
- About 1137 millimetres of rain falls on Flushing each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C