Amsterdam Hotels from Rs2,956
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 28 Jun 2020
Where to stay in Amsterdam
Amsterdam City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(2,168 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums, charming cafes and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Amsterdam City Centre. Top attractions like Madame Tussauds and Dam Square are major draws. Catch the metro at Nieuwmarkt Station or Waterlooplein Station to see more of the city.
Red Light District
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
Visit this historic and famous area of Amsterdam, known for its many bars, brothels and adult entertainment venues.
4.5/5Wonderful!(971 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Museum Quarter. Check out top attractions like Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum, and jump on the metro at Van Baerlestraat Stop or Museumplein Stop to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(972 area reviews)
Taking a boat trip is one of the best ways to discover the historic monuments and elegant architecture along the canals of the city dubbed “The Venice of the North”.
Get to know Jordaan and its many features like its breweries and churches. You might want to explore sights like The 9 Streets and Electric Ladyland, and you can jump on the metro at Bloemgracht Stop or Marnixplein Stop to get around the city.
Travellers to Amsterdam give high marks for the fascinating museums, interesting architecture and theatre. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its monuments, art and shopping. Top sights in the city include Nes, Dam Square and Royal Palace.
- There are 1030 hotels and other accommodation options in Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 35.2 mi (56.6 km) away
Getting around Amsterdam
With so many transport options, seeing Amsterdam is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Nieuwmarkt Station, Amsterdam Central Metro Station and Waterlooplein Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Amsterdam Central Station, Amsterdam Muiderpoort Station or Amsterdam Amstel Station.
Dressing for Amsterdam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 1945 millimetres of rain falls on Amsterdam each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Amsterdam?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Amsterdam, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Amsterdam?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Amsterdam?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Amsterdam?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Amsterdam?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Amsterdam?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Amsterdam?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Amsterdam?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Amsterdam?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Amsterdam?
Amsterdam Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Amsterdam by Star Rating
- Hotels near Amsterdam Airports
- Areas of Amsterdam
- Accommodation near Amsterdam Attractions
- More accommodation types in Amsterdam
- Choose Your Amsterdam Hotel Style
- Search Amsterdam Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Amsterdam
- Hotels Near Amsterdam, North Holland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations