History buffs will enjoy exploring Stratford-upon-Avon, and visitors give high marks for the theatre, entertainment choices and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its tours. Top sights in the city include Shakespeare Monument, Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Swan Theatre.
- There are 77 hotels and other accommodation options in Stratford-upon-Avon
- The closest major airport is in Coventry (CVT), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX), 18 mi (29 km) away
Getting around Stratford-upon-Avon
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Stratford-Upon-Avon Station, Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway Station or Wilmcote Station. Stratford-upon-Avon might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stratford-upon-Avon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 766 millimetres of rain falls on Stratford-upon-Avon each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C