Visiting Stony Brook
Visitors to Stony Brook are sure to enjoy the university and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and forests. A top sight in the area is Sky Zone.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Stony Brook
- The closest major airport is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shirley, NY (WSH-Brookhaven Calabro), 14.4 mi (23.2 km) away
Getting around Stony Brook
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Stony Brook Station. Stony Brook may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Stony Brook
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Stony Brook gets about 1173 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C