Visiting Port Jefferson
Visitors to Port Jefferson are sure to enjoy the port and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, festivals and live music. A top sight in the area is Sky Zone.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Port Jefferson
- The closest major airport is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 11 mi (17.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shirley, NY (WSH-Brookhaven Calabro), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away
Getting around Port Jefferson
With so many transport options, seeing Port Jefferson is a breeze. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Port Jefferson Station. You can take a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Port Jefferson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Port Jefferson gets about 1173 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C