Search Hostels in New York
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in New York
Other property types in New York
Reviewed on 26 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 26 Sep 2020
Ravel Hotel Trademark Collection by Wyndham
Reviewed on 25 Sep 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for somewhere affordable to stay in New York, one of the 32 hostels here could be a great choice for you. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dormitory-style accommodation options all offer the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels also have private rooms)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in New York for good value, so you can save your budget for going out. You can check out this destination's cultural highlights, such as its theatres and entertainment venues.
When Is the Best Time to Visit New York?
Good weather's always better when you're discovering new places, so here's some information about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 13° C and night-time temperatures average -3° C
- April-June: 28° C is the daytime average and 5° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 29° C and night-time averages are around 13° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 21° C during the day and -2° C at night
- Average rainfall is 1269 inches in a year
What Can I Do in New York?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might enjoy these places:Top Sights
- Times Square
- New York Public Library
- Central Park
- Battery Park
- Brooklyn Botanic Gardens
- Ellis Island Immigration Museum
- Brooklyn Museum
- Radio City Music Hall
Generally, New York is known for its:
How to Get to New York and Around the Area
You'll find the nearest airport in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), located 6.1 mi (9.8 km) away from the city centre. An alternative is Teterboro, NJ (TEB), which is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away. Once you're on the ground, you may want to make use of public transport. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Times Sq. - 42 St. Station, 42 St. - Port Authority Bus Terminal Station and 49th St. Station. To explore more of the surrounding area, catch a train at New York W 32nd St. Station, New York Grand Central Terminal Station or New York Penn Station.