Travellers to Elizabeth give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its entertainment, monuments and theatres. Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island Immigration Museum and Ellis Island are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 102 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Newark
- The closest major airport is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 2 mi (3.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Linden, NJ (LDJ), 4.4 mi (7 km) away
Getting around Elizabeth
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Elizabeth Station or North Elizabeth Station. Elizabeth might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Elizabeth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the nighttime average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Elizabeth gets about 1175 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -3°C