Search Hostels in London
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in London
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in London
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge London
Reviewed on 12 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 28 Nov 2020
Point A Hotel London Shoreditch
Reviewed on 3 Nov 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find somewhere affordable to stay in London, one of the 93 hostels here could be a great choice for you. No two hostels look exactly the same, but these dormitory-style accommodation options all offer the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social setting
Hostels are a great way to stay in London for good value, so you can save your budget for going out. You can check out this destination's cultural highlights, such as its theatres and museums.
When Is the Best Time to Visit London?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're discovering new places, so here are some stats that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 12° C and night-time temperatures average 2° C
- April-June: 21° C is the daytime average and 4° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 22° C and night-time averages are around 9° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 16° C during the day and 3° C at night
- Average rainfall is 21 inches in a year
What Can I Do in London?
Depending on your interests, you might appreciate these places:Top Sights
- Big Ben
- London Dungeon
- Buckingham Palace
- Sky Garden
- South Park
- St. James Park
- Museum of London
- Natural History Museum
- Tower of London
In general, London is known for its:
- Historical sites
How to Get to London and Around the Area
You can fly into the nearest airport in London (LCY-London City), located 7.6 mi (12.3 km) away from the city centre. An alternative is London (LHR-Heathrow), which is 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away. After you've arrived, you may want to use public transport during your trip. Walk to nearby metro stations like Charing Cross Underground Station, Embankment Station and Leicester Square Underground Station. To see more of the surrounding area, take a train from London Charing Cross Station, London Waterloo Station or London Waterloo East Station.