Visiting Lisbon District
History buffs will enjoy exploring Lisbon District, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, renowned art and shopping. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its monuments, architecture and cathedrals. Top sights in the city include Castle of Sao Jorge, Santa Justa Elevator and Rossio Square.
- There are 3367 hotels and other accommodation options in Lisbon District
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) away
Getting around Lisbon District
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Lisbon District is easy. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Rossio Metro Station, Baixa-Chiado Station and Restauradores Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Lisbon Rossio Station, Lisbon Cais do Sodre Station or Lisbon Santa Apolonia Station.
Dressing for Lisbon District
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 10°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and nighttime averages of 8°C
- Average annual rainfall for Lisbon District is 699 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 8°C