Visitors to Kolkata are sure to enjoy the monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, university setting and museums. Top sights in the city include Victoria Memorial, Eden Gardens and Salt Lake Stadium.
- There are 477 hotels and other accommodation options in Kolkata
- The closest major airport is in Kolkata (CCU-Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Intl.), 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the city centre
Getting around Kolkata
With so many ways to get around, seeing Kolkata is easy. Nearby metro stations include Central Station, Chandni Chowk Station and Esplanade Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kolkata Sealdah Station, Kolkata BBD Bagh Station or Kolkata Eden Gardens Station.
Dressing for Kolkata
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 34°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 36°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 13°C as the night-time average
- About 2338 millimetres of rain falls on Kolkata each year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 35°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°C