Visiting Cape Town
Travellers to Cape Town give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, local tours and seaside. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, wineries and seafood. Top sights in the city include Table Mountain, Greenmarket Square and Castle of Good Hope.
- There are 2455 hotels and other accommodation options in Cape Town
- The closest major airport is in Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city centre
Getting around Cape Town
With so many transport options, exploring all of Cape Town is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transport at Esplanade Station, Woodstock Station and Salt River Station. To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Cape Town Station or Cape Town Bellville Station.
Dressing for Cape Town
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the nighttime average to be 13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Cape Town gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 26°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 8°F