Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Zaandam, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its cafes, spas and sporting events. Nes, Zaanse Schans and Anne Frank House are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1029 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city centre
Getting around Zaandam
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Zaandam Station or Zaandam Kogerveld Station. Zaandam may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Zaandam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 1945 millimetres of rain falls on Zaandam each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 1°C