Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Travellers to Witney give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its gardens and cafes. Bicester Village, Blenheim Palace and Ashmolean Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Witney
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the city centre
Getting around Witney
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Witney Combs Station or Witney Hanborough Station. Witney might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Witney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Witney gets about 855 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C