Visiting Chipping Norton
Travellers to Chipping Norton give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city attracts tourists with its golfing and entertainment. Bicester Village, Blenheim Palace and Pitts Rivers Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodation options in Chipping Norton
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 29.5 mi (47.4 km) away
Getting around Chipping Norton
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Chipping Norton Kingham Station, Ascott-under-Wychwood Station or Chipping Norton Charlbury Station. Chipping Norton might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Chipping Norton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 855 millimetres of rain falls on Chipping Norton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C