Visiting White Plains
History buffs will enjoy exploring White Plains, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its live music. Bronx Zoo, Floating Pool and Yankee Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodation options in White Plains
- The closest major airport is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 18.7 mi (30.1 km) away
Getting around White Plains
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from White Plains Metro-North Railroad Station, New Rochelle Station or Yonkers Station. White Plains may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for White Plains
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -5°C as the night-time average
- About 1255 millimetres of rain falls on White Plains each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C