Travellers to Sonarpur will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include Victoria Memorial, Salt Lake Stadium and Eden Gardens.
- You'll find 454 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Kolkata
- The closest major airport is in Kolkata (CCU-Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Intl.), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city centre
Getting around Sonarpur
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kolkata Sonarpur Station. Sonarpur might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Sonarpur
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 34°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 36°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 13°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Sonarpur is 2338 millimetres
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 35°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°F