Travellers to Schiphol give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lively bar scene and entertainment choices. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and cafes. Nes, Concertgebouw and Stedelijk Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1035 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) away
Getting around Schiphol
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Schiphol Airport Station. Schiphol might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Schiphol
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- About 1945 millimetres of rain falls on Schiphol each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C