Visitors can enjoy all that Howrah has to offer including the forests, lakeside setting and zoo. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples. Victoria Memorial, Eden Gardens and Dakshineswar Kali Temple are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 477 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Kolkata
- The closest major airport is in Kolkata (CCU-Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Intl.), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city centre
Getting around Howrah
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Howrah Padmapukur Station, Howrah Tikia Para Station or Howrah Shalimar Station. Howrah may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Howrah
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 34°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 36°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 13°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Howrah is 2338 millimetres
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 35°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°C