Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 1 Mar 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Gold Coast
Visit one of Australia’s most popular vacation spots and dive in the waves, spot humpback whales, go shopping or enjoy the fun family attractions and nightlife.
Visit one of Queensland’s most popular holiday spots with sparkling beaches, scenic canals, high-rise hotels, nightclubs, festivals and modern malls.
Enjoy the beaches, sip a coffee at a groovy café and enjoy the simple pleasures of an ocean-front vacation.
Enjoy this perfect weekend getaway destination with world-class surf breaks, white sands, restaurants, bars and nature walks to suit every type of traveller.
This stretch of coast in the heart of the Gold Coast offers the perfect mix of sun-soaked beaches, wildlife encounters and leisurely shopping.
Visiting Gold Coast
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gold Coast, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park and golfing. Top sights in the city include Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World and Dreamworld.
- There are 1021 hotels and other accommodation options in Gold Coast
- The closest major airport is in Gold Coast, QLD (OOL-Coolangatta), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE), 47.5 mi (76.4 km) away
Getting around Gold Coast
With so many ways to get around, seeing Gold Coast is easy. Metro stations nearby include Robina Station and Nerang Train Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Varsity Lakes Station, Helensvale Station or Gold Coast City Coomera Station.
Dressing for Gold Coast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 18°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 15°C as the night-time average
- Gold Coast gets about 32 millimetres of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 11°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Gold Coast?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Gold Coast, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Gold Coast?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Gold Coast?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Gold Coast?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Gold Coast?
What is the best spa hotel in Gold Coast?
What's the best hotel in Gold Coast with a water park on site or close by?
How is it to stay in Gold Coast?
What should I see while I'm in Gold Coast?
What's the best way to get around Gold Coast?
What's the seasonal weather in Gold Coast?
Gold Coast Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Gold Coast by Star Rating
- Hotels near Gold Coast Airports
- Areas of Gold Coast
- Accommodation near Gold Coast Attractions
- More accommodation types in Gold Coast
- Choose Your Gold Coast Hotel Style
- Search Gold Coast Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Gold Coast
- Hotels Near Gold Coast, Queensland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations