Visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene in Warrington, which is also known for its entertainment and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Old Trafford, Manchester Arena and Liverpool ONE.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodation options in Warrington
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) away
Getting around Warrington
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Warrington Central Station, Warrington Bank Quay Station or Padgate Station. Warrington might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Warrington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Warrington gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C