Families will find kid-friendly activities in Newburgh, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university and rivers.
- There are 76 hotels and other accommodation options in Newburgh
- The closest major airport is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.), 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 29.1 mi (46.8 km) away
Getting around Newburgh
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Harriman Station. Newburgh may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Newburgh
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -10°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -9°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Newburgh is 1136 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -9°C