Search Hostels in Mumbai
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Mumbai
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Mumbai
Trident Bandra Kurla Mumbai
Reviewed on 20 Feb 2021
Sofitel Mumbai BKC Hotel
Reviewed on 29 Jan 2021
Taj Lands End
Reviewed on 20 Feb 2021
What Is a Hostel?
If you're looking for somewhere affordable to stay in Mumbai, one of the 33 hostels here might be a great option. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dormitory-style accommodation options all offer the following:
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in Mumbai for good value, so you can save your budget for exploring. You can enjoy activities like shopping, and the gardens create an appealing natural setting.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Mumbai?
Good weather's always better when you're discovering new places, so here's some information that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically May and November, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 31° C and night-time temperatures average 19° C
- April-June: 33° C is the daytime average and 23° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 30° C and night-time averages are around 24° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 32° C during the day and 20° C at night
- Average rainfall is 2151 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Mumbai?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might enjoy these places:Top Sights
- Mt. Mary Church
- Siddhi Vinayak Temple
- Mahalaxmi Temple
- Powai Lake
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Elephanta Caves
- Nehru Planetarium
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum
- Prithvi Theatre
Overall, Mumbai is known for its:
- Bird watching
How to Get to Mumbai and Around the Area
You'll find the closest airport in Mumbai (BOM-Chhatrapati Shivaji Intl.), located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) away from the city centre. Once you're on the ground, you might want to make use of public transport. Metro stations nearby include Airport Road Station and Grant Road Station. To check out more of the area, catch a train at Mumbai Ghatkopar Station, Mumbai Vidyavihar Station or Mumbai Vikhroli Station.