Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chippenham, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Cosy and countryside, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Bath Abbey, Roman Baths and American Museum in Britain are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodation options in Chippenham
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city centre
Getting around Chippenham
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Chippenham Station. Chippenham might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chippenham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Chippenham is 31 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C