Travellers give high marks for the beautiful gardens in Cheltenham, which is also known for its tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's musical theatre and jazz scene.
- There are 208 hotels and other accommodation options in Cheltenham
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 33 mi (53.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 40.6 mi (65.4 km) away
Getting around Cheltenham
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Cheltenham Spa Station. Cheltenham might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Cheltenham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Cheltenham gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C