Travellers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Basingstoke, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, art and rivers. Around the area, top sights include Oracle, Jane Austen's House Museum and Madejski Stadium.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Basingstoke
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 31 mi (49.9 km) away
Getting around Basingstoke
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Basingstoke Station or Basingstoke Overton Station. Basingstoke might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Basingstoke
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Basingstoke gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C