Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 12 Oct 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Abingdon, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and countryside, this city will delight tourists with its gardens, cafes and spas. Top sights around the area include Bicester Village, Covered Market and University Church of St Mary the Virgin.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Abingdon
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city centre
Getting around Abingdon
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Abingdon Radley Station, Abingdon Culham Station or Abingdon Appleford Station. Abingdon may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Abingdon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Abingdon each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C