Travellers to Ottawa give high marks for the fascinating museums, renowned art and fun sporting events. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its rivers, tours and shopping. Top sights in the city include Parliament Hill, National Gallery of Canada and Supreme Court of Canada.
- There are 222 hotels and other accommodation options in Ottawa
- The closest major airport is in Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.), 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ogdensburg, NY (OGS-Ogdensburg Intl.), 52.1 mi (83.9 km) away
Getting around Ottawa
With so many transport options, seeing all of Ottawa is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Bayview Station, Carling Station and Carleton Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Ottawa Station, Ottawa Fallowfield Station or Casselman Station.
Dressing for Ottawa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 7°C and the nighttime average to be -15°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -13°C at night
- About 34 millimetres of rain falls on Ottawa each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -13°C