Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Nairobi, and visitors give high marks for the safari tours and shopping. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its parks and museums. A top sight in the city is Moi International Sports Centre.
- There are 492 hotels and other accommodation options in Nairobi
- The closest major airport is in Nairobi (WIL-Wilson), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Nairobi (NBO-Jomo Kenyatta Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) away
Getting around Nairobi
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Nairobi Station. Nairobi might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Nairobi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 26°C and the nighttime average to be 12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nairobi is 958 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are September and July with an average of 11°C