Visitors can enjoy all that Margao has to offer including the beaches, monuments and live music. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and secluded setting. Around the area, top sights include Varca Beach, Arossim Beach and Cavelossim Beach.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodation options in Margao
- The closest major airport is in Goa (GOI-Dabolim), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the city centre
Getting around Margao
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Madgaon Junction Station. Margao might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Margao
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 37°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 17°C
- From April to June, the average is 38°C during the day and 21°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 16°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Margao is 653 millimetres
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 36°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°C