Kyoto Hotels from Rs1,385
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 17 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 28 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 16 Jun 2020
Where to stay in Kyoto
4.5/5Wonderful!(364 area reviews)
Ancient temples blend with modern architectural treasures while markets, museums, dining and shopping streets showcase thousands of years of Japanese traditions.
4.5/5Wonderful!(6 area reviews)
You might enjoy the river views while in Arashiyama. Kyoto Arashiyama Orgel Museum is a notable sight, and you can get around town at Saga-Arashiyama Station or Torokko Arashiyama Station to see more of the city.
5/5Exceptional!(46 area reviews)
Experience a traditional tea ceremony or a night of cultural entertainment within the historic wooden teahouses of this well-preserved Kyoto district.
5/5Exceptional!(2 area reviews)
Consider a visit to Kiyomizu Temple and take some time to enjoy the abundant dining options during your time in Higashiyama. If you want to see more of the city, jump on the metro at Tofukuji Station or Higashiyama Station.
Experience sensory delights at the Kitchen of Kyoto, shop for souvenirs, take an art class and visit a sacred temple in this central neighborhood.
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kyoto, and visitors give high marks for the temples, beautiful gardens and local tours. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its monuments. Top sights in the city include Kyoto Imperial Palace, Nijo Castle and Kiyomizu Temple.
- There are 1684 hotels and other accommodation options in Kyoto
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (ITM-Itami), 24 mi (38.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kobe (UKB), 40 mi (64.4 km) away
Getting around Kyoto
With so many transport options, seeing Kyoto is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station, Shiyakusho-mae Station and Sanjo Keihan Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kyoto Sanjo Station, Kyoto Jingu-marutamachi Station or Kyoto Kawaramachi Station.
Dressing for Kyoto
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 1155 millimetres of rain falls on Kyoto each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C