History buffs will enjoy exploring Chepstow, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its golfing, spas and bars. Around the area, top sights include Thornbury Castle, Bristol Zoo and Clifton Suspension Bridge.
- You'll find 285 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Cardiff
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 32.6 mi (52.4 km) away
Getting around Chepstow
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Chepstow Station. Chepstow might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chepstow
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Chepstow gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C