Travellers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Banbury, which is also known for its gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and theatres. Top sights around the area include Bicester Village, Warwick Castle and Blenheim Palace.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodation options in Banbury
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 22.1 mi (35.6 km) away
Getting around Banbury
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Banbury Station or Kings Sutton Station. Banbury might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Banbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Banbury gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C