History buffs will enjoy exploring Winchester, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, beautiful gardens and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its festivals and university. Top sights in the city include Great Hall and Winchester Cathedral.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodation options in Winchester
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) away
Getting around Winchester
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Winchester Station, Winchester Shawford Station or Winchester Micheldever Station. Winchester might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Winchester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Winchester each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°C